Professor, Sedimentology and Sedimentary Petrology
Undergraduate Advisor Spring 2017Phone: 408 924-5014
Office: DH 202
Office Hours (Fall 2016): By appointment only
Dr. Andersen is participating in the faculty early retirement program and is no longer accepting graduate students.
- Ph.D. 1973, University of Utah
- Current projects emphasize tectonics and sedimentation in the California Coast Ranges.
- Petrology (GEOL 122)
- Sedimentology and Stratigraphy (GEOL 124)
- Geochemistry (GEOL 135)
- Sedimentary Petrology and Petrography (GEOL 214)
- Advanced Sedimentary Geology (GEOL 222)
- Cenozoic Evolution of the San Francisco Bay Area (GEOL 285)
Recent Activity (2011-2013)
- Andersen, D.W., 2011, Awarded Honorary Life Membership in Pacific Section Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM).
Other Professional Service
- Andersen, D.W., 2011, Hosted Bay Area Science Festival at Children's Discovery Museum, San Jose.
- Andersen, D.W., January-December 2013, Ongoing documentation of fossil occurrences in outcrops, trenches, and boreholes in the Santa Clara Formation; collaboration with US Geological Survey, San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, and CSU East Bay.