Beta Theta Pi
- 2012–13 Recipient of the External Relations Award
- Designation: Zeta Eta Chapter
- Active Members: 24
- SJSU Founding: March 11, 1995
- National Founding: August 8, 1839 at Miami University in Oxford OH (part of the Miami Triad)
- 2011 Service / Philanthropy: 872 hours of service, $500 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Fall 2012—2.91, Spring 2012—2.85
- Colors: delicate shades of Pink and Blue
- Flower: Roses of the "June" or "Queen of the Prairie" variety
- Symbol: Dragon, Star, Diamond
- Motto: "Firman Consensus Facit / Cooperation Makes Strength"
- Nickname: Betas
- Famous Alumni: Senator Richard Lugar (IN), former Canadian Prime Minister John Turner, Stephen Sondheim (composer), Sam Walton (Walmart founder and CEO)
For More Information
- Futures Quest
- Leadership College
- Beta Wilderness Challenge
- Keystone Conference
- Chapter President's Leadership Academy
Learn more about our chapter's house!
About Beta Theta Pi
Membership in Beta Theta Pi is based on finding men who believe and live by the same set of fraternal values. These values, the Fraternity's objects are the basis for recruitment, pledging and a lifelong membership in Beta Theta Pi. "It shall be constituted as hereinafter provided and shall have for its objects the promotion of the moral and social culture of its members, the establishment of confidence and friendly relations among the universities and colleges of the United States and Canada, in securing unity of action and sympathy in matters of common interest among them, and the building up of a fraternity that recognizes mutual assistance in the honorable labors and aspirations of life, devotion to the cultivation of the intellect, unsullied friendship and unfaltering fidelity, as objects worthy of the highest aim and purpose of associated effort." - The Objects of Beta Theta Pi.
About Zeta Eta Chapter
The Zeta Eta chapter of Beta Theta Pi would like to welcome all students attending this great university of San José State. The brothers and I invite you to experience why our chapter is referred to as the Beta Star of the West. As a chapter, we focus on providing our members with a positive and fulfilling college experience. Our first focus is the cultivation of the intellect. From our scholarship guidelines, you will learn how to study and how to perform at a level of excellence here at San José State. Our second focus is mutual assistance. We strive to help each other and our surrounding community. We do this by creating philanthropies and community service projects that promote the well being of us all. Lastly, our final focus is lifelong friendship. Talking to the brothers here at Beta Theta Pi, you may notice our warm and welcoming spirit among ourselves and guest. Next you see that it is not just occurring here in San José State, this brotherly spirit, but we are deeply connected chapters all over California. UC Berkley, UC Santa Barbara, UC Irvine, San Diego State, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Loyola Marymount University, USC and UCLA are all interactive with each other and great friendships have been created. Finally, you will see how Beta Theta Pi is connected on a national level. Chapters across the US and Canada all love support one another. So come and experience for yourself what being a Beta Theta Pi is all about.