Delta Sigma Phi fraternity
About Delta Sigma Phi
For more than a century, Delta Sigma Phi has helped young men become better leaders and better citizens. Brotherhood is a lifetime commitment to living our core values: Culture, Harmony, and Friendship. Our intention is not merely to develop a strong fraternity, but in addition, to challenge our members to make a difference in their communities and their world.
It is this legacy and commitment that led to the development of the Fraternity's Strategic Plan, Delta Sig's bold vision for the future of the fraternity and its impact on the world. This plan, which was unveiled in 2007, consists of initiatives that will insure Delta Sigma Phi will become America’s Leading Fraternity in:
Through each of these initiatives, Delta Sigma Phi is Building Better Students. Better Leaders. Better Citizens. Better Professionals. Better Men. We hope you will continue throughout the remainder of the site to find out more about the Fraternity and its efforts to Build Better Men.
Learn more about our chapter house.
- Designation: Gamma Epsilon Chapter
- President: Kevin Falleiro
- Websites: Chapter and National
- Active Members: 113
- SJSU Founding: June 19, 1949; 1983; Oct. 13, 2007 (rechartered Nov. 14, 2009)
- National Founding: December 10, 1899 at the City College of New York in New York NY
- 2014 Service / Philanthropy: 2382 hours of service, $4,500 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Spring 2015–2.80, Fall 2014–2.98
- Colors: Nile Green and Carnation White
- Flower: White Carnation
- Symbol: The Sphinx
- Motto: "Better Men, Better Lives"
- Nicknames: DSP or Delta Sigs
- Famous Alumni: Ed O'Neill (actor), Michael Deaver '59 (former White House Deputy Chief of Staff), Mike Duke (Walmart CEO)
- Annual Events: Alumni Homecoming Football Tailgate, Alumni Christmas Luncheon, Regional
Leadership Academy, The Summit, The Leadership Institute, Spartans' Best Dance Crew
Awards and Recognition (2014–15)
- 4.0 Awards — Single Semester: Rigoberto Flores and Melkime Vega; Both Semesters: Joshua Bennett
- Spirit of the Key Award — Chi Lam
- Council Leadership Award (IFC) — Alejandro Sanchez
- Senior Man of the Year — Felix Navarro
- Fraternity of the Year
- Gold Laurel Chapter (2014 Standards of Excellence – 1858 points, 93%)