Delta Sigma Phi
- Nicholas Bell, 2012–13 Recipient of the Vice President for Student Affairs' Award for Exemplary Leadership and Service
- Peter Lee, 2012–13 Emerging Man of the Year
- Tim Nurge, 2012–13 Alumnus of the Year
- 2012–13 Award Recipient for
Outstanding New Program (Spartans' Best Dance Crew)
- 2012–13 Recipient of the Academic Excellence Award
- 2012–13 Recipient of the Membership Development Award
- 2012–13 Best in Council (IFC) and Fraternity of the Year
- Designation: Gamma Epsilon Chapter
- Active Members: 82
- SJSU Founding: June 19, 1949; 1983; October 13, 2007 (rechartered November 14, 2009)
- National Founding: December 10, 1899 at the City College of New York in New York NY
- 2011 Service / Philanthropy: 1,771 hours of service, $1,400 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Fall 2012—2.96, Spring 2012—3.04
- Colors: Nile Green and Carnation White
- Flower: White Carnation
- Symbol: The Sphinx
- Motto: "Better Men, Better Lives"
- Nicknames: DSP or Delta Sigs
- Famous Alumni: Ed O'Neill (actor), Michael Deaver '59 (former White House Deputy Chief of Staff), Mike Duke (Walmart CEO)
For More Information
- Alumni Homecoming Football Tailgate
- Alumni Christmas Luncheon
- Regional Leadership Academy
- The Summit
- The Leadership Institute
Learn more about our chapter's house!
About Delta Sigma Phi
We the brothers of the Gamma Epsilon Chapter at San José State University strive to create a diverse brotherhood of men without boundaries regarding ethnicity, religion, and cultural background. We aim to portray ourselves as leaders by setting the academic standard as well as equally balancing all other aspects of our lives. Through philanthropy and community service, we work to better our university and community as a whole. Using these ideals, we sculpt a base in which a strong fraternity can succeed now and for generations to come.
2012 Pyramid of Excellence Award Recipient
that was the recipient of the 2012 Pyramid of Excellence Award
History of Gamma Epsilon Chapter
2007 - 19 Founding Fathers are initiated and begin to restore the great traditions of Delta Sigma Phi at San José State University. Along with learning from the past these men begin to start their own traditions and create their own legacy.
2008 - A spring class is initiated and six new Founding Members are added to the brotherhood as the "Everlasting Legacy" class. 2008 also proved to be a challenging time for the brothers of Delta Sig at SJSU. The colony was de-recognized for the majority of the Fall 2008 semester.
2009 - Delta Sigma Phi is REVIVED at San José State University and 13 new Founding Members are initiated as the "Stonger Class."
2012 - Awarded Fraternity of the Year (best in Council) and Most Creative Marketing Campaign at the SJSU Student Leadership Gala. In the Spring, Gamma Epsilon achieved an overall GPA above 3.0, the first IFC chapter to do so in fifteen years; and in the Fall, the chapter was awarded the Pyramid of Excellence by the national organization, placing Gamma Epsilon in the top seven chapters of Delta Sigma Phi in the nation.