Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity
About Pi Kappa Alpha
Pi Kappa Alpha was founded at the University of Virginia on March 1, 1868, by six students: Robertson Howard, Julian Edward Wood, James Benjamin Sclater Jr., Frederick Southgate Taylor, Littleton Waller Tazewell Bradford and William Alexander. According to its preamble, the fraternity was created "for the establishment of friendship on a firmer and more lasting basis; for the promotion of brotherly love and kind feeling; for the mutual benefit and advancement of the interests of those with whom we sympathize and deem worthy of our regard; We have resolved to form a fraternity, believing that, thus we can most successfully accomplish our object."
Originally chartered at SJSU on March 3, 1950, the chapter has long been a part of SJSU’s Greek Life. After a short time off campus, the chapter returned in 2002 and has striven to be the best Fraternity on campus as well as competing with other Pike chapters nationwide. For the past several years the chapter has won consecutive excellence awards at nationals.
Learn more about our chapter house.
- Designation: Delta Pi Chapter
- President: Anthony Lee
- Websites: Chapter and National
- SJSU Founding: March 3, 1950; rechartered April 20, 2002
- National Founding: March 1, 1868 at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville VA
- Scholarship: Spring 2016 - 2.76, Fall 2015 - 2.68
- Colors: Garnet and Old Gold
- Flower: Lily of the Valley
- Symbols: The Oak Tree, Shield and Diamond, White Horse, Dagger and Key
- Motto: "Once a Pike, Always a Pike"
- Nickname: Pike, PiKA, Pi Kap
- Famous Alumni: Senator Jon Kyle (AZ), Tim Mcgraw (country singer), Jon Stewart (comedian and t.v. personality), E. Gordon Gee (President of Ohio State University)