- Designation: Epsilon Theta Chapter
- Active Members: 48
- SJSU Founding: March 1, 1952
- National Founding: June 28, 1855 at Miami University in Oxford OH (part of the Miami Triad)
- 2011 Service / Philanthropy: 721 hours of service, $6,000 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Fall 2012—2.97, Spring 2012—2.95
- Colors: Blue and Old Gold
- Flower: White Rose
- Symbol: The White Cross
- Motto: "In Hoc Signo Vinces / In This Sign You Shall Conquer"
- Nickname: n/a
- Famous Alumni: former President Grover Cleveland, Andy Rooney (former 60 Minutes anchor), Warren Beatty (actor), Woody Harrelson (actor), David Letterman (t.v. host), Brad Pitt (actor), John Wayne (actor)
For More Information
- Derby Days
- Balfour Leadership Training Workshop
Learn more about our chapter's house!
About Sigma Chi
The Sigma Chi Fraternity is one of the oldest and most prestigious international fraternities in the world. Founded in 1855, Sigma Chi is based upon the core values of Friendship, Justice, and Learning, and these three concepts are promoted among a brotherhood possessing different temperaments, talents, and convictions. With over 300,000 brothers initiated across 240 undergraduate chapters within the United States and Canada, the Sigma Chi Fraternity provides a lifelong brotherhood for its members.
History of Epsilon Theta Chapter
The Epsilon Theta Chapter of the Sigma Chi Fraternity was founded at SJSU on March 1, 1952, and has remained on campus since the initial founding date. The chapter currently possesses 41 active brothers, and has won numerous awards of recognition, including Most Outstanding Fraternity for 2009-10, Highest GPA and Most Spirited for 2009-10. Additionally, but perhaps most importantly, the Sigma Chi chapter at SJSU has earned the highly coveted Gold Level Peterson Significant Chapter Award for 2010-11, an honor that has only been bestowed on 6 of the over 240 chapters within the Fraternity, making Sigma Chi at SJSU one of the top Sigma Chi chapters in the United States.