Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
About Kappa Alpha Psi
The fundamental purpose of Kappa Alpha Psi is achievement. The Delta Rho Chapter was founded on June 16, 1956 at San José State University, located in San José, California. It was chartered by Province Polemarch Thomas Bradely, under the guidance of the Gamma Alpha Chapter. The Delta Rho Chapter was the first African-American organization on the San José State campus. The Chapter has had two province Vice Polemarchs, Galen Chappel and Tayadi Daye.
- Designation: Delta Rho Chapter
- President: Earnest "Nesto" Trayler
- Websites: Chapter and National
- Active Members: 6
- SJSU Founding: June 16, 1956
- National Founding: January 5, 1911 at Indiana University in Bloomington IN
- 2012 Service / Philanthropy: hours of service not reported, charity dollars not reported
- Scholarship: Spring 2013—2.89, Fall 2012—2.82
- Colors: Crimson and Cream
- Flower: Red Carnation
- Symbol: Diamond
- Motto: "Achievement In Every Field Of Human Endeavor"
- Nicknames: Kappas, Nupes
- Famous Alumni: Cedric 'The Entertainer' Kyles (comedian), John Singleton (director), Kedar Massenburg (President and CEO, Motown Records), Robert L. Johnson (founder and CEO of BET), Alcee Hastings (congressman, federal judge), Benjamin Jealous (President and CEO, NAACP), Johnnie Cochran (attorney), Wilt Chamberlain (NBA Hall of Fame), Arthur Ashe (tennis legend)
- Annual Events: none reported