Alpha Xi Delta
- Designation: Iota Omicron Chapter
- Active Members: 95
- SJSU Founding: January 24, 2010
- National Founding: April 17, 1893 at Lombard College in Galesburg IL
- 2011 Service / Philanthropy: 1,079 hours of service, $11,106 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Fall 2012—2.96, Spring 2012—2.93
- Colors: Light Blue, Dark Blue, Gold
- Flower: Pink Rose
- Symbol: Quill
- Motto: "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword"
- Nicknames: Xi, Alpha Xi, AXiD
- Famous Alumnae: Jan Davis (astronaut), Jane Henson (co-counder of The Muppets), Marianne "Mimi" Blackburn Drew (Rear Admiral, first female Naval reserve Flag Line Officer), Kim Webster (actress), Carol Lawrence (actress), Mary Decker (Olympic track athlete)
For More Information
- President: Beth Clark
- Chapter Website
- National Website
- Please contact the chapter president for information and details about housing opportunities.
- Amaxing Challenge: Xi Man and Xi Woman
About Alpha Xi Delta
Founded in 1893 at Lombard College, now Knox College, in Galesburg, Illinois, Alpha Xi Delta inspires women to realize their potential by providing opportunities for sisterhood, leadership, knowledge and service. The national women's fraternity has over 150,000 initiated members and has chapters on 112 college and university campuses.
Dedicated to leadership, service, and academic excellence, the women of Alpha Xi Delta are involved on campus and within our community. We are proud of the legacy our founders have established as we continue to offer women opportunities to realize their potential. The experience of being a sister of Alpha Xi Delta has life long value beginning as collegians and continuing as alumnae after graduation. With service, social, and sisterhood events, we have the college experience of a lifetime!
History of Iota Omicron Chapter
Alpha Xi Delta is San José State's newest (6th) Panhellenic sorority. Upon colonizing in Fall 2009, 46 strong women had the privilege to establish and create an amazing sisterhood.