Alpha Xi Delta (Women's) Fraternity
About Alpha Xi Delta
In 1893, ten women at Lombard College in Galesburg, Illinois, shared a vision and a dream of a national organization dedicated to the personal growth of women. Their dream became Alpha Xi Delta, one of the oldest women’s sororities in the United States. The ideals envisioned by the founders have remained constant throughout the years, inspiring each member to pursue individual excellence. These ideals include sisterhood, leadership, knowledge and service to our communities. Now a national fraternity with more than 150,000 initiated members, the Fraternity is an organization with 119 college chapters and alumnae associations throughout the United States.
Alpha Xi Delta inspires women to realize their potential by providing opportunities for sisterhood, leadership, knowledge and service. The national women's fraternity has over 150,000 initiated members and has chapters on 119 college and university campuses. Dedicated to leadership, service, and academic excellence, the women of Alpha Xi Delta are involved on campus and within our community. We are proud of the legacy our founders have established as we continue to offer women opportunities to realize their potential. The experience of being a sister of Alpha Xi Delta has life long value beginning as collegians and continuing as alumnae after graduation. With service, social, and sisterhood events, we have the college experience of a lifetime!
Please contact the
- Designation: Iota Omicron Chapter
- President: Brigitte Baker
- Websites: Chapter and National
- Active Members: 104
- SJSU Founding: January 24, 2010
- National Founding: April 17, 1893 at Lombard College in Galesburg, IL
- 2014 Service / Philanthropy: 766 hours of service, $17,000 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Spring 2015–3.05, Fall 2014–2.93
- Colors: Light Blue, Dark Blue, Gold
- Flower: Pink Rose
- Symbol: Quill
- Motto: "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword"
- Nicknames: Xi, Alpha Xi, AXiD
- Famous Alumnae: Jan Davis (astronaut), Jane Henson (co-counder of The Muppets), Marianne "Mimi" Blackburn Drew (Rear Admiral, first female Naval reserve Flag Line Officer), Kim Webster (actress), Carol Lawrence (actress), Mary Decker (Olympic track athlete)
- Annual Events: Amaxing Challenge and Xi Man / Xi Woman
Awards and Recognition (2014–15)
- 4.0 Awards — Single Semester: Kelly Claus, Nicole Fetsch, Michelle To, Mariah Van Buskirk, and Amanda Whitaker
- Silver Laurel Chapter (2014 Standards of Excellence — 1532 points, 77%)