alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority, Inc.
About alpha Kappa Delta Phi
Alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority, Inc. fosters the making of successful leaders by assisting and challenging our members to reach their maximum potential. We strive to maintain the highest levels of integrity and innovation in the promotion of sisterhood, philanthropy, scholastic excellence, and asian awareness in the community, while creating lifelong relationships.
The alpha Kappa Delta Phi Charter Class at San José State University was established on April 8, 1995 by the National Board and Chapters of alpha Kappa Delta Phi. Our charter class of 8 sisters created this sorority to promote community service, academic achievement and most importantly, a strong sisterhood bond in the University and community. They have started a strong foundation for their ideas in which they hope to instill to future sisters.
- Designation: Xi Chapter
- President: Marsia Jin
- Websites: Chapter and National
- Type: Asian Interest
- Active Members: 24
- SJSU Founding: April 8, 1995
- National Founding: February 7, 1990 at the University of California, Berkeley in Berkeley CA
- 2014 Service / Philanthropy: 341 hours of service, $222 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Fall 2015 - 3.16, Spring 2015–2.92, Fall 2014–2.89
- Colors: Purple and White
- Flower: Iris
- Symbol: Hourglass
- Motto: "Timeless Friendship Through Sisterhood"
- Nickname: aKDPhi
Awards and Recognition (2014–15)
- Emerging Leader of the Year Award (Sorority) — Kimmy Mai
- Senior Woman of the Year — Samantha Nguyen
- Most Creative Publicity / Marketing Campaign Award
- Outstanding New Program Award
- Sorority of the Year
- Gold Laurel Chapter (2014 Standards of Excellence — 1651 points, 94%)