alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority, Inc.
About alpha Kappa Delta Phi
Alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority, Inc. fosters the making of successful leaders by assisting and challenging our members to reach their maximum potential. We strive to maintain the highest levels of integrity and innovation in the promotion of sisterhood, philanthropy, scholastic excellence, and asian awareness in the community, while creating lifelong relationships.
The alpha Kappa Delta Phi Charter Class at San José State University was established on April 8, 1995 by the National Board and Chapters of alpha Kappa Delta Phi. Our charter class of 8 sisters created this sorority to promote community service, academic achievement and most importantly, a strong sisterhood bond in the University and community. They have started a strong foundation for their ideas in which they hope to instill to future sisters.
- Designation: Xi Chapter
- President: Christina Garcia
- Websites: Chapter and National
- Type: Asian Interest
- Active Members: 27
- SJSU Founding: April 8, 1995
- National Founding: February 7, 1990 at the University of California, Berkeley in Berkeley CA
- 2012 Service / Philanthropy: 236 hours of service, $1,117 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Spring 2013—2.73, Fall 2012—2.72
- Colors: Purple and White
- Flower: Iris
- Symbol: Hourglass
- Motto: "Timeless Friendship Through Sisterhood"
- Nickname: aKDPhi
Awards and Recognition (2012–13)
- Silver Laurel Chapter (2012 Standards of Excellence – 1600 points, 80%)