Alpha Kappa Omega Fraternity, Inc.
About Alpha Kappa Omega
Academic Probation — Spring 2014
Alpha Kappa Omega fraternity is guided by the principles and lessons of the katipunan, sealed in the tenets of Strength, Loyalty, Pride, Wisdom and Courage. We accept nothing less than achieving leadership, academic excellence, cultural awareness and social responsibility. While others refer to themselves as a brotherhood, we refer to ourselves as a family. We are the first, the loyal and the elite.
The family of Alpha Kappa Omega, inspired by their success, wanted to continue and spread their legacy onto another campus. With Albert Austria, they brought this idea of Alpha Kappa Omega to his blood brother, Aris Austria, who at this time planned to attend San José State University as a freshman. With the chance to become a chapter founder of Alpha Kappa Omega, Beta Chapter, and spread the ideals of the Katipunan, Aris had to search for four other strong willed individuals to embark on the same journey with him.
On January 21, 2001, Ted Miranda, Marius Banatao, Jeffrey Amboy, and Aris Austria crossed into Alpha Kappa Omega. This accomplishment only fueled and motivated them to accomplish recognition on San José State's campus as a legitimate fraternity. The Four Horsemen, as they were called, moved quickly and established the Beta Chapter on April 4, 2001.
- Designation: Beta Chapter
- President: Jonathan Oribello
- Websites: Chapter and National
- Type: Filipino Interest
- Active Members: 21
- SJSU Founding: April 4, 2001
- National Founding: March 31, 1997 at California State University, East Bay in Hayward CA
- 2013 Service / Philanthropy: 337 hours of service, $215 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Spring 2014- 2.74, Fall 2013 — 2.55
- Colors: Black, Royal Blue, and White
- Flower: n/a
- Symbol: Llanera's Skull
- Motto: n/a
- Nickname: AKO
- Annual Events: Vision Showcase, Omega Drive, and Starving for the Starving
Awards and Recognition (2012–13)
- Student Organization Member of the Year — Anthony Nava
- Bronze Laurel Chapter (2012 Standards of Excellence – 1420 points, 71%)