Lambda Theta Alpha
- 2012–13 Recipient of the
Academic Improvement Award and the Chapter Management Award
- 2012–13 Best in Council (USFC)
- Deisgnation: Beta Xi Chapter
- Type: Latina Interest
- Active Members: 10
- SJSU Founding: January 19, 2000
- National Founding: December 1975 at Kean University in Union NJ
- 2011 Service / Philanthropy: 114 hours of service, $600 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Fall 2012—3.15, Spring 2012—3.35
- Colors: Burgundy and Grey
- Flower: n/a
- Symbol: n/a
- Motto: "Latin By Tradition Not By Definition"
- Nickname: LTA, Lambda Ladies
For More Information
- St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital fundraiser
- Breast Cancer Awareness Program
- Saturday Academy
About Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
The first Latin Sorority in the nation, Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Incorporated was founded in 1975 at Kean University in Union, New Jersey. LTA is a group of women focused on improving community service, representing universal women, and promoting higher education.
History of Beta Xi Chapter
In 1998, here at San José State University, an interest group was formed. Ater a year and a half of hard work and dedication, ten lovely ladies established Beta Xi Chapter on January 19, 2000. The ten founding sisters established a chapter for several reasons. Some of these reasons being to have a support group for minority women, for community involvement, for sisterhood, and most importantly, academic excellence.