Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
About Lambda Theta Alpha
The first Latin Sorority in the nation, Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Incorporated was founded in 1975 at Kean University in Union, New Jersey. LTA is a group of women focused on improving community service, representing universal women, and promoting higher education.
In 1998, here at San José State University, an interest group was formed. Ater a year and a half of hard work and dedication, ten lovely ladies established Beta Xi Chapter on January 19, 2000. The ten founding sisters established a chapter for several reasons. Some of these reasons being to have a support group for minority women, for community involvement, for sisterhood, and most importantly, academic excellence.
- Deisgnation: Beta Xi Chapter
- President: Monica Giselle Vargas-Salazar
- Websites: National
- Type: Latina Interest
- SJSU Founding: January 19, 2000
- National Founding: December 1975 at Kean University in Union NJ
- Scholarship: Fall 2016 - 2.64, Spring 2016 - 2.56, Fall 2015 - 2.78
- Colors: Burgundy and Grey
- Flower: n/a
- Symbol: n/a
- Motto: "Latin By Tradition Not By Definition"
- Nickname: LTA, Lambda Ladies
- Annual Events: St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital fundraiser, Breast Cancer Awareness
Program, and Saturday Academy
Awards and Recognition (2015-16)
- Gold Laurel Chapter (2015 Standards of Excellence)