Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
About Lambda Theta Alpha
Suspended - Fall 2014
The first Latin Sorority in the nation, Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Incorporated was founded in 1975 at Kean University in Union, New Jersey. LTA is a group of women focused on improving community service, representing universal women, and promoting higher education.
In 1998, here at San José State University, an interest group was formed. Ater a year and a half of hard work and dedication, ten lovely ladies established Beta Xi Chapter on January 19, 2000. The ten founding sisters established a chapter for several reasons. Some of these reasons being to have a support group for minority women, for community involvement, for sisterhood, and most importantly, academic excellence.
- Deisgnation: Beta Xi Chapter
- President: Tina Castellanos
- Websites: National
- Type: Latina Interest
- Active Members: 11
- SJSU Founding: January 19, 2000
- National Founding: December 1975 at Kean University in Union NJ
- 2013 Service / Philanthropy: 156 hours of service, $45 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Spring 2014- 3.06, Fall 2013 — 3.18
- Colors: Burgundy and Grey
- Flower: n/a
- Symbol: n/a
- Motto: "Latin By Tradition Not By Definition"
- Nickname: LTA, Lambda Ladies
- Annual Events: St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital fundraiser, Breast Cancer Awareness
Program, and Saturday Academy
Awards and Recognition (2012–13)
- Academic Improvement Award
- Chapter Management Award
- Best in Council (USFC)
- Silver Laurel Chapter (2012 Standards of Excellence – 1720 points, 86%)