Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Inc.
About Lambda Theta Nu
The purpose of Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Inc. shall be to open the doors of opportunity to Latinas in our community. Our primary focus is academic excellence and meeting the needs of Latina women in higher education. Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Inc. also promotes the advancement of Latinas through various campus activities and community services, and provides an environment for personal growth within a unit sisterhood. Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Inc.'s priorities, however, will be placed upon academic excellence and community service.
Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Inc. was founded originally as a city wide chapter on November 13, 2007 by 9 beautiful ladies. On May 3, 2010 we officially became part of the San José State University campus. Now, we are 8 actives strong and still growing with success.
- Designation: Alpha Theta Chapter
- President: Monica Orozco
- Websites: Chapter and National
- Type: Latina Interest
- Active Members: 11
- SJSU Founding: November 13, 2007
- National Founding: March 11, 1986 at California State University, Chico in Chico CA
- 2014 Service / Philanthropy: 193 hours of service, $250 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Fall 2015 - 2.62, Spring 2015–2.98, Fall 2014–2.64
- Colors: Burgundy, Silver, and White
- Flower: n/a
- Symbol: Rose
- Motto: n/a
- Nickname: Lambdas
- Annual Events: Latina Youth Leadership Conference
Awards and Recognition (2014–15)
- President of the Year Award (Sorority) — Monica Orozco
- Bronze Laurel Chapter (2014 Standards of Excellence — 1380 points, 71%)