Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity, Inc.
About Nu Alpha Kappa
Nu Alpha Kappa has 3 pillars. They are academics, brotherhood and culture. We have to remember why we came to a university and that is to get our education. As an organization we strive for academic excellence and we serve as a support system for one another. Brotherhood, we establish a family away from home especially for the members who are not from San Jose. We help one another in every aspect whether it is school related or not. Lastly, we are a Latino base organization that helps our community. We sponsor schools during the holidays and provide food and gifts for the less fortunate. We also do a variety of other community services in and around the campus.
We were established on February 16, 1989 at San José State University. We were the second chapter established within Nu Alpha Kappa and are therefore known as the Alpha Chapter. Since our establishment we have recruited 151 members and have 15 current actives. We have expanded as an organization all over California, Nevada, and Colorado. On the SJSU campus we are continuously growing and improving in every aspect as an organization and as a family.
- Designation: Alpha Chapter
- President: Cesar Gomez
- Websites: Chapter and National
- Type: Latino Interest
- Active Members: 19
- SJSU Founding: February 16, 1989
- National Founding: February 26, 1988 at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo in San Luis Obispo CA
- 2014 Service / Philanthropy: 119 hours of service, $500 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Spring 2015–2.46, Fall 2014–2.54
- Colors: Red, White, and Bronze
- Flower: n/a
- Symbol: Xinako Man (The Aztec Man)
- Motto: "Men of Mind... Men of Culture... Men of Pride..."
- Nickname: NAKs, Nakos
- Annual Events: NAKos Tacos, Bone Marrow Drive, Toys for Tots, and Coco Loco
Awards and Recognition (2014–15)
- Silver Laurel Chapter (2014 Standards of Excellence — 1574 points, 81%)