Nu Alpha Kappa
- 2012–13 Recipient of the Academic Improvement Award
- Designation: Alpha Chapter
- Type: Latino Interest
- Active Members: 7
- SJSU Founding: February 16, 1989
- National Founding: February 26, 1988 at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo in San Luis Obispo CA
- 2011 Service / Philanthropy: 0 hours of service, $800 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Fall 2012—3.10, Spring 2012—2.09
- Colors: Red, White, and Bronze
- Flower: n/a
- Symbol: Xinako Man (The Aztec Man)
- Motto: "Men of Mind... Men of Culture... Men of Pride..."
- Nickname: NAKs, Nakos
For More Information
- NAKos Tacos
- Bone Marrow Drive
- Toys for Tots
- Coco Loco
About Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity, Inc.
Nu Alpha Kappa has 3 pillars. They are academics, brotherhood and culture. We have to remember why we came to a university and that is to get our education. As an organization we strive for academic excellence and we serve as a support system for one another. Brotherhood, we establish a family away from home especially for the members who are not from San Jose. We help one another in every aspect whether it is school related or not. Lastly, we are a Latino base organization that helps our community. We sponsor schools during the holidays and provide food and gifts for the less fortunate. We also do a variety of other community services in and around the campus.
History of Alpha Chapter
We were established on February 16, 1989 at San José State University. We were the second chapter established within Nu Alpha Kappa and are therefore known as the Alpha Chapter. Since our establishment we have recruited 151 members and have 15 current actives. We have expanded as an organization all over California, Nevada, and Colorado. On the SJSU campus we are continuously growing and improving in every aspect as an organization and as a family.