Sigma Omega Phi Multicultural Sorority, Inc.
About Sigma Omega Phi
Sigma Omega Phi manifested its roots on April 26, 1990. On this day, four exceptional women came together to create a sisterhood that bonds women of every race, class, and creed by opening minds through culture education and unity. During this arduous journey, twelve aspiring women whom also shared these ideals, became a part of this family and helped further develop the fundamentals of our distinguished organization. Our family has grown to five chapters: CSU Chico, CSU Fresno, CSU Sacramento, and San José State University, National Hispanic University.
Sigma Omega Phi believes in opening minds through culture, education and unity. Delta Chapter was established at San José State University on October 16, 1999. Due to the hard work and dedication of 5 lovely ladies, Delta Chapter has flourished into a total membership of 57 sisters. With an everlasting bond and morals fabricated to withstand all obstacles, we pride ourselves on being the sophisticated few. We place a high emphasis on education and community service.
- Designation: Delta Chapter
- President: Brandy Conway
- Websites: Chapter and National
- Type: Multicultural Interest
- Active Members: 16
- SJSU Founding: October 16, 1999
- National Founding: April 26, 1990 at California State University, Chico in Chico, CA
- 2014 Service / Philanthropy: 234 hours of service, $3,800 raised for charity
- Scholarship: Fall 2015 - 3.25, Spring 2015–2.71, Fall 2014–2.93
- Colors: Forest Green, Black, and White
- Flower: White Rose
- Symbol: Swan
- Motto: n/a
- Nickname: SOPhi
- Annual Events: SOPhreaky Children’s Carnival, Adopt-a-Family and Adopt-a-Classroom, SOPhi
Royalty, and Women’s Symposium
Awards and Recognition (2014–15)
- Philanthropic Distinction Award
- Silver Laurel Chapter (2014 Standards of Excellence – 1546 points, 77%)