Greek Active Personal Development (GREAT) Workshops
The engagement of students in learning and personal development is an integral focus of the University, and GREAT was created to achieve the same end. Chapters of the SJSU fraternity and sorority community use the GREAT program series to better prepare members for life and leadership both in and beyond college.
For information on GREAT sessions for the current semester, make sure to look at the Fraternity and Sorority Community Calendar. Please note that this schedule may change at any time. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Interested in an online GREAT Session? Try this link! Remember that only ONE GREAT Session per semester can be an electronic session and that you must submit your confirmation form attached to the verification form!
Hosting a Session
The following guidelines are applicable to educational sessions:
- Sessions must be open to the entire fraternity & sorority community.
- Sessions must be at least one hour in duration.
- Subject matter must fall within the areas of leadership, cultural awareness, social justice, professional development, health, safety, and personal success. Other subjects may be accepted pending approval.
- The online Request to Host GREAT Session Form must be completed and submitted at least 72 hours prior to the proposed session date.
- Attendance list of hosted session must be submitted within one week of session date.
In regards to GREAT, individuals shall:
Complete the New Member Experience as set forth by Student Involvement during their new member/candidate/aspirant semester.
Attend at least two GREAT sessions per semester as an initiated active member. One must be completed before the mid-term deadline and one GREAT session must be on a topic related to risk management.
Contact Fraternity and Sorority Life no later than half-way through the semester for an adapted personal development plan should extreme schedule conflicts prevent normal GREAT session attendance.
In regards to GREAT, chapters shall ensure that at least 80% of the chapter has completed individual requirements to avoid loss of chapter social privileges or other sanctions as deemed appropriate by Student Involvement.
Questions should be directed to email@example.com or 408.924.5950.