Fraternity & Sorority Life
Enhance your leadership, scholarship, and social skills by joining a fraternity or sorority. Since 1898, fraternities and sororities at SJSU have offered a fun atmosphere filled with friendship, community service, and personal development that makes college life a memorable experience. The university currently partners with over 40 organizations that are members of four governing councils. The office also oversees numerous programs to engage and educate the community. All chapters participate in a yearly accreditation process called Standards of Excellence. Lastly, the office ensures compliance to all policies and procedures. These items can be found in our toolkit.
The driving force behind our Greek community here is our mission. We aspire to facilitate and develop a community of genuine connections, promote the pursuit of high achievements, and instill a dedication to service and justice, all in an effort to elevate the student experience.
Did You Know?
- There are over 9 million fraternity and sorority members nationally
- All but 2 Presidents since 1825 have been members of fraternities
- 78% of members of the U.S. Congress have been members of fraternities and sororities
- 63% of U.S. President's cabinet members since 1900 have been members of fraternities and sororities
- Nearly half of US Supreme Court Justices have been members of fraternities and sororities
- 85% of Fortune 500 Executives have been members of fraternities and sororities.
Greek Life Grade Reports
- For Spring 2017 Community Report Card click here
- For Fall 2017 Community Report Card click here
- For Spring 2018 Community Report Card click here