The out-of-the-classroom experience is a vital part in students' development. The research of many scholars indicates that participation in these activities supports the retention and graduation rates of the students involved. However, we strongly believe that leadership isn't always about holding a position nor do you have to be on the upper level of some group to be able to practice your leadership skills.
Student Involvement offers a variety of leadership development programs that may be right for you. We are pleased to be a starting point for your skill attainment and leadership experience at SJSU!
- Engage! The New Student Leadership Immersion Experience
- Leadership Dialogues: Spring Semester Workshop Series
- Leadership Today: Social Justice Immersion Leadership Retreat
- Student Leadership Conference
- Leadership Consultation
- Leadership Resource Library
Associated Students Support
In addition to providing leadership and skill development programs and services, as well as sponsoring student success initiatives, the staff of Student Involvement also serve as advisors to Associated Students.