Conference Presenter Information & Recruitment
Sign Up to Present a Leadership Workshop
We are currently searching for staff and student presenters that are willing to lead dynamic and interesting sessions. With an open invitation to the entire campus student population to register and attend we are aiming for attendance to exceed 400! We are seeking educational workshops that build leadership skills in the following conference competencies: Personal Growth Professionalism Community Involvement Organization Development If you would like to present a workshop, please fill out this interest form below. Topics will be finalized in October and our office will be in contact with presenters throughout the coming months.
Session Blocks are 45 minutes long and you may offer your session up to three times on November 22 at 10:45am, 11:45am, and 1:30pm.
Questions? Email us: email@example.com
Day of Conference:
- Presenter Check-in Time & Location: 10–10:30 a.m., Student Union Ballroom
- Lunch (11:45 a.m.–1:30 p.m.) for presenters is provided.
- Laptops/Computers are not provided. Note: If you use a Mac/Apple product—Don't forget your VGA adapter
- All presentation rooms are in the Boccardo Business Complex and have smart room technology.
- Internet is reliant on the Campus WiFi network. Guest access will be provided for off-campus presenters.
Tips for a Successful Workshop
- Clearly state the workshop outcomes at the beginning of the session
- Provide opportunities for interaction amongst attendees
- Encourage discussion and feedback
- Give clear examples to illustrate talking points
- Consider delivering information in various formats to accommodate different learning styles
- Be available for a few minutes after the session
- Use inclusive language in your slides and word choice throughout your workshop.