Orientation and Transition Programs
2016 Spring Orientation Session
January 20, 2015
* For your travel and planning purposes, view the STUDENT Sample Schedule HERE! (Will be posted as soon as it is updated)
San José State University
One Washington Square
Clark Hall #140
San José, CA 95192-0038
Download our Guidebook App in the App store of your device to view SJSU events, resources and important information.
Orientation Leader Applications for the Summer of 2016 will be available September 1, 2015!
Welcome to San José State University, Home of the Spartans!
Whether nervous or excited, there are a lot of details when starting college for the first time or transferring to a new campus. Some of these include registering for classes, obtaining parking and housing, and learning your way around.
We know that these are big adjustments and offer several programs and activities to get you off to a great start. Our programs will provide you with important information and a chance to meet fellow students, faculty, and staff who want to get to know you and help in your career as a Spartan!
If payment is not received by November 15, 2015, your registration, for Spring 2016, will be cancelled and you may be blocked from enrolling in SJSU. Please log on to:
*** NOTE: If you are having difficulty accessing Next Steps, please use either Google Chrome or Internet Explore as your search engine.
Information for Incoming Students, Parents, and Family Members
- Check out these useful handouts for incoming students
- Check out these useful handouts for parents and family members of incoming students
- Check out our Resource Fair slideshow
- Student Fee Waiver Application
- Guest Fee Waiver Application
- If you are a transfer student, click here for more information.
Attention Parents and Family Members!
At San José State University, we recognize that parent involvement plays a key role in the success of our students. We have a special email for you to consult with our parent orientation staff: email@example.com.