Frosh Orientation and Transition
2016 Frosh Orientation Sessions
Session 1: July 12-13
Session 2: July 15-16
Session 3: July 21-22
Session 4: July 25-26
Session 5: July 29-30
Session 6: August 2-3
Session 7: August 8-9
Session 8: August 15-16
Frosh Orientation Program & Parent/Family Orientation Program Schedules:
For traveling purposes:
- For students, please DO plan to arrive on campus by 8am on Day 1 of Frosh Orientation and leave no earlier than 3pm on Day 2. See Frosh Orientation STUDENT Schedule by clicking HERE.
- For parents and family members, the Parent/Family Orientation Program will be Day 1 ONLY, begin at 8am and end no later than 7:30pm. See Frosh Orientation PARENT/FAMILY Schedule by clicking HERE.
**Full details will be sent out to students via MySJSU and to parents/family members via email ONE week before your orientation session.
San José State University
One Washington Square
Student Union #1401
San José, CA 95192-0038
Welcome to San José State University, Home of the Spartans!
Whether nervous or excited, there are a lot of details when starting college for the first time or transferring to a new campus. Some of these include registering for classes, obtaining parking and housing, and learning your way around.
We know that these are big adjustments and offer several programs and activities to get you off to a great start. Our programs will provide you with important information and a chance to meet fellow students, faculty, and staff who want to get to know you and help in your career as a Spartan!
#SJSUsaidyes? Congratulations! Don't forget to sign up for Frosh Orientation and complete the NextSteps process by May 1, 2016. If payment is not received by then, your admission will be cancelled and you may be blocked from enrolling in SJSU. Please log on to:
Please note: It will take a few days for your payment to update on the NextSteps portal. However, if you make the payment by May 1st, you are good to go on NextSteps. If you have further questions, email us at email@example.com.
*** Forgot your SJSU ID number? Request your SJSU ID number at https://sjsuone.sjsu.edu/idlookup
For transfer orientation inquires, please visit the Transfer Orientation Website. For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-924-2997.
Information for Incoming Students, Parents, and Family Members
- Check out these useful handouts for incoming students
- Check out these useful handouts for parents and family members of incoming students
- Student Partial Fee Waiver Application - no longer available as of 4/20/16.
- Parent/Family Partial Fee Waiver Application - no longer available as of 4/20/16.
- If you are a transfer student, click here for more information.
Attention Parents and Family Members!
At San José State University, we recognize that parent involvement plays a key role in the success of our students. We have a special email for you to consult with our parent orientation staff: email@example.com.