Information for Parents and Family Frosh Orientation
Parent Orientation Topics
- Information on class registration and paying bills
- SJSU traditions and culture
- Academic requirements
- Housing & dining options
- Financial aid & scholarship opportunities
- Health & wellness
- University Police
- SJSU policies & procedures
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Spartan Bookstore
- See sample Parent/Family Orientation schedule HERE!!
Welcome Spartan Family Members!
At San Jose State University, we recognize the significant role family members play in student success. By joining our Family Orientation and familiarizing yourself with the Spartan collegiate experience, you will be enhancing your ability to support your student. Start by emailing email@example.com for participation and information.
The Spartan Family Orientation program has been designed with you in mind. With this program and our student orientation occurring simultaneously, all family members are welcomed into our diverse and transition-packed community. While at orientation, you will learn about campus resources available to both you and our student. Participants will also have the opportunity to meet faculty, staff, current students, and other parents.
To start planning for orientation, please consult our list of helpful tips. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Register and Pay for Parent/Guest Orientation here: https://commerce.cashnet.com/SJSUORIENT
- Not able to attend? Looking for resources? Check out our parent/family handbook HERE!
- Check out an article on recommended books for parents and families of new college students.
- Check out these useful handouts for parents and family members of incoming students.
- Para más información sobre la transición de su estudiante a la universidad por favor solicité una guía en español a firstname.lastname@example.org