Parents and Family Frosh Orientation
2016 Parent/Family Orientation Sessions
Session 1: July 12
Session 2: July 15
Session 3: July 21
Session 4: July 25
Session 5: July 29
Session 6: August 2
Session 7: August 8
Parent/Family Orientation Topics
- Information on class registration and paying bills
- SJSU traditions and culture
- Academic requirements
- Housing & dining options
- Financial aid & scholarship opportunities
- Health & wellness
- University Police
- SJSU policies & procedures
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Spartan Bookstore
Spartan Parent and Family Orientation Program
The Spartan Parent and Family Orientation program has been designed with you in mind. Parent and family members are highly encouraged to attend the Spartan Parent and Family Frosh Orientation Program. This is a separate program that occurs simultaneously during the student Frosh Orientation program and includes specific information for parent and family members. While at orientation, you will learn about campus resources available to both you and our student, have an opportunity to meet faculty, staff, current students, and other parents.
All participants are invited to stay through Day 1 of the program, and can return on Day 2 to pick up their student. Please note that everyone who attends as a parent, family member, and/or guest—including siblings/children—must each pay the $80 fee. Parents and family members can sign up here: commerce.cashnet.com/SJSUORIENT
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Parent/Family Housing Accommodations for Frosh Orientation
The Frosh Orientation team has partnered with hotels near San Jose State University
to offer parents, family members, and guests, who will be attending Frosh Orientation,
overnight housing options. The Parent/Family Orientation fee DOES NOT cover over night accommodations, so please plan accordingly as you and your student are preparing to attend Frosh
Orientation. Below you will find links that will direct you to the hotel reservation
|Hyatt Place||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE|
|Hilton||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE|
|San Jose Marriot||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE|
- Not able to attend? Looking for resources? Check out our parent/family handbook HERE!
- Check out an article on recommended books for parents and families of new college students.
- Check out these useful handouts for parents and family members of incoming students.
- Para más información sobre la transición de su estudiante a la universidad por favor
solicité una guía en español a firstname.lastname@example.org.