Finals Week Resources
Download the full PDF here for a better view!
As you begin to hear the conversations about Finals approaching while finishing your
end of semester projects, you might be asking yourself, “How am I going to get through
Sammy Spartan has some tips that will help you succeed and support you through Finals to keep your stress levels low!
1. Purchase your final exam materials early! Take a trip to the Spartan Bookstore today to purchase Number 2 pencils, scantrons, blue books, along with anything else you need. Do not be the student that shows up to their finals unprepared.
2. Dress warm and comfortably (layers) to protect you from the elements. It’s known to be cold in the MLK Library and some study areas depending on where you choose to study.
3. Take some time to visit the Student Wellness Center for a FREE massage, make a counseling appointment, learn some relaxation tips, or just to utilize their study space on the first floor! Remember, three deep breaths can change your chemistry to lower stress.
4. Time/Printer check! Make sure give yourself enough time to print out your final papers/presentations at A.S. Print and Technology Center. Lines tend to be longer, and you don't want to miss your deadline because you were waiting for a printer.
5. SSssshhhh… Be aware of your surroundings and who might be affected by your need to study. Let others know you need quiet space AND be sure to respect the study needs of your roommate(s), classmate(s), family member(s) if they are still finishing up finals!
6. Don’t skip meals despite your busy schedule! Do your best to eat healthy and regularly during this time to prevent dehydration and to fuel your brain. If food is a on-going issue, visit our Food Resources page or stop by Wellness and Health Promotion for health tips and resources during finals!
7. Get some ZZzzZZZzzz’s!! Sleep is essential for everyone. Set your alarm, give yourself time to get to your final, and know where you are going ahead of time by checking your final exam schedule.
8. Don’t wait until you “feel” like studying… get started with a small study goal. Sometimes, starting is the most challenging part!
9. Parking! ALL Spartans are taking their finals so try to get to SJSU early to find a parking space. Make sure your car is safe, locked, and no materials left in view.
10. Exercise helps you think better! Consider taking a FREE Spartan Recreation class during finals. Walk around the campus, get some fresh air, sit quietly and take in the elements as you take a study break. Don’t forget to have some FUN and SOCIALIZE!!
Remember: As a Spartan you have a responsibility to BE GREAT & DO GREAT! Good luck on Finals and if you need any further assistance, drop by Student Involvement in the Student Union 1st Floor or call us directly at (408) 924-5950.
Share Your Finals Photos Using The #SJSUFinalsWeek hashtag on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!