Resources to Support Academic Success
We hope that you will utilize the links below, in consultation with your workshops and individual action plans.
Tips and Highlights that
Spartans Should Know
Academic success is crucial to degree obtainment, and hopefully a reason you are at SJSU. We encourage you to be proactive and take advantage of the resources and learning opportunities available to you.
Key tips for academic success:
- Time management is crucial, exploring and creating a system that works for you will really pay off
- Talk to your professors! Use office hours to discuss topics you may need clarity on, but to also network and learn about the profession you are interested in
- Ask for help before it is too late! Tutors, mentors and workshops on campus are all created to help you, but you have to be aware and take advantage of them early for best results
- Writing skills are key to university coursework at all levels. Seek feedback early and work on this. You will need this for your future career and for applying to Graduate School
- Check out the College Student Success Centers:
- Check out Academic Advising and Retention Services if you are Undeclared or Undeclared-PreNursing
- If you are an EOP student, check-in with the Educational Opportunity Program