For Faculty and Staff
"When our National Science Foundation funding for teacher workshops dried up several years ago, the Corporate and Foundation Relations team helped us to discover alternate sources of funding. They even provided assistance from a grant writer, which ultimately led to our current funding from Chevron and the Clarence E. Heller Charitable Foundation. Thanks to CFR, our program is thriving and expanding in new directions in climate change and sustainability education."
- Ellen Metzger, director of the Bay Area Earth Science Institute (BAESI)
We encourage faculty and staff to pursue gifts and grants to support their academic and community initiatives. When considering external funding, please contact our Corporate and Foundation Relations team early in the grant process so we can help. Together with our specialized professionals, we can maximize external support for the university.
How we can help
In addition to cultivating strong partnerships with corporate and foundation sponsors, we can assist you in a number of ways:
- Identify and provide research on appropriate foundation and corporate funding sources
- Brainstorm ways to turn a great idea into a fundable project
- Draft, review and edit letters of inquiry, concept papers, and proposals
- Prepare project budgets (in cooperation with the Office of Sponsored Programs when appropriate)
- Gather required supporting institutional documentation and draft and secure letters of support from institutional leadership
- Coordinate proposal submission
- Assist with timely reporting throughout the duration of a grant
- Coordinate site visits for potential and current funders
- Provide additional online resources
Our team is committed to assisting faculty members and departments, in addition to our core mission of securing funding for institutional priorities identified by the president, provost, and deans.
Corporate and Foundation Relations also works closely with the Tower Foundation, the university's foundation dedicated to philanthropy, to build relationships and secure financial support for SJSU.
We look forward to partnering with you to attain support for your scholarly, academic and outreach goals.