College of Business
Since coming to SJSU, I've really come into my own about who I am as a person and a leader. SJSU is also my mom's alma mater, so I am proud to continue the legacy.
- Renee Chu, '11 Business/Marketing
California’s state universities have moved from being state-supported to state-assisted institutions. Your gifts to San Jose State University’s College of Business help to provide the margin of excellence for our faculty and students.
The College of Business is extremely fortunate to have highly qualified students and faculty. To take advantage of this tremendous body of talent, we must attract and retain the best possible faculty and staff and continuously update our curricula and facilities. We must provide more opportunities for our students and faculty to interact with practicing professionals through internships, co-ops, and research and development activities. To ensure access to talented, underserved students, we must provide increased scholarship support.
Please consider augmenting your annual gift with a further investment in the College of Business, perhaps by establishing an endowment. These gifts represent a crucial source of support for the college as well as a lasting legacy for you. They can provide naming opportunities for you or someone you wish to honor.
- Enhance industry-specific centers in retail, banking, entrepreneurship and other areas to complement the education of our students and to advance our emphasis on the critical core skills of leadership, teamwork, communication and business ethics.
- Provide additional faculty support through research grants and endowments.
- Expand our study abroad program and global leadership opportunities.
- Provide a platform for the development of creativity and innovation in parallel with solid quantitative skills.
- Deepen corporate partnerships and expand our community outreach activities to increase our contribution to the Silicon Valley.
David M. Steele
Dean, College of Business
Find out more
Senior Director of Development, College of Business
Assistant Director of Development, College of Business