Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering
San Jose State is the only college I applied to. I wasn’t interested in other schools. Everything is limitless here. You’re right next to industry, and it’s beautiful.
- Ruben Delgadillo, '10 Mechanical Engineering
Our mission is to produce in ever greater numbers outstanding engineers who are technically excellent, globally informed and socially responsible. We are the top provider of engineers to Silicon Valley, and everything we do is aimed at developing in our students a solid understanding of engineering fundamentals, analytic concepts and methods, and providing them with tools to develop innovative solutions to significant societal and technological problems.
We continue to build a stellar reputation on the extraordinary achievements of our students and unique, cutting-edge programs.
- This past year, our aerospace engineering students developed and tested the NASA-sponsored TechEdSat, the first-ever cube satellite to be deployed from the International Space Station.
- Our Engineering Pathways to Success initiative, designed to expand the pipeline into engineering, offers middle and high school students hands-on science, technology, engineering and math curriculum, and first-year SJSU students a 10-day campus immersion experience to help them meet the demands of college.
- We became one of only two CSU campuses offering both BS and MS degree programs in biomedical engineering.
- We piloted an innovative “flipped class” model, which blends video lectures viewed by students online and on demand with in-class, team problem-solving.
I am grateful to those who, through their generosity, have helped us achieve these and other successes, catapulting us to an unprecedented ranking of third in the nation among public engineering programs offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees. And I invite everyone who shares our vision to invest in the future of this outstanding college and its students.
This is the perfect time to make a commitment that will contribute to shaping a dynamic and exciting tomorrow. In addition to supporting students aspiring to become engineers, you will be casting a vote of confidence in the College and the University. Your gift will count toward Acceleration: The Campaign for San Jose State, the University’s first-ever comprehensive campaign in its amazing, 155-year history.
The best is yet to come. Let’s make it happen.Ping Hsu
Find out more
Senior Director of Development, College of Engineering