College of Social Sciences
SJSU is my home away from home. It is a place where I see new faces as well as familiar faces. It's a place where I can be me and unafraid.
- Eloise Irwin, '14 Political Science
College of Social Sciences graduates lead companies, serve the needy in our neighborhoods, counsel the mentally ill, champion our human rights and uphold and improve the laws governing our citizens and our communities. Our grads make important contributions in meaningful and humane ways because that’s exactly what a social sciences education trains people to do.
We constantly work to enhance the student experience so they will succeed now and in the future. Some of our recent accomplishments that will help us reach this goal include:
- We launched our student success center, ACCESS, to provide student academic advisement and admission and enrollment support services, and an assortment of other services for College of Social Sciences students.
- Our new Urban and Regional Planning certificate program enrolled its first class in fall 2013, bringing together planners and developers to enhance their own skills while working side by side on the interface between real estate developers and city planners.
There is so much more that we want to do, such as:
- Securing funding and hiring one full-time staff member to develop career-oriented programs and services in our student success center.
- Recruiting four stellar tenure-track faculty members.
If what we do matters to you, please invest in our college and our students. Your gift ensures that we continue our mission of delivering a high-quality education to more than 4,000 students each year. Please give to the College of Social Sciences today.
Sheila Bienenfeld, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Social Sciences
Find out more