Spartans Supporting Spartans
Sixth Annual Campaign Begins March 2
Is there a department, program, student service, scholarship or enrichment opportunity for students that holds special meaning for you? This is your opportunity as a staff or faculty member to make a real difference in what inspires you at SJSU. Please make your gift today.
The ever-popular Moveable Coffee Breaks are back! Enjoy food, beverages and giveaways while you learn more about the campaign. You will also have the opportunity to help eliminate student hunger by purchasing a raffle ticket that enters you into a drawing for one of several exciting gift baskets and a designated parking spot for the 2017-18 school year! Mark your calendar for the event you wish to attend (times are approximate).
- March 8: 9 to 11 a.m. Faculty and Staff Dining Room in Diaz Compean Student Union
- March 13: 3:30 p.m. Academic Senate
- March 20: 11 a.m. Athletics, South Campus
- March 23: 9:30 – 10:15 a.m. Administration Building (room 167)
- March 23: 10:30 – 11:15 a.m. Clark Hall (room 506)
- March 29: 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. Student Services Center
- March 29: 9:45 – 10:30 a.m. Corporation Yard/FD&O
- April 6: 9 – 9:45 a.m. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library (staff kitchen)
- April 6: 10 – 10:45 a.m. McQuarrie Hall (room 438A)
- April 13: 9 to 11 a.m. Faculty and Staff Dining Room in Diaz Compean Student Union
Questions? Contact Carolyn Canete at 408-924-1782.
2016 Spartans Supporting Spartans Results
Thank you for participating in last spring’s fifth annual Spartans Supporting Spartans annual campaign. Nearly $81,700 in gifts and monthly pledges were made by 287 faculty and staff members to support what they hold close to their hearts at SJSU. Your gifts are making a difference across campus in many departments, programs, services, scholarships and enrichment opportunities!
Many of these donors joined 188 of their colleagues to participate in a raffle to help hungry SJSU students. Through everyone’s generous support, $1,371 was raised to benefit the SJSU Student Food Pantries located around campus that support our food-insecure students.
If you made a gift or pledge to the 2016 faculty and staff campaign and/or participated in the raffle, your name is listed in the Spartans Supporting Spartans Donor Honor Roll. Visit it to see the widespread participation across campus!
Congratulations to Eva Joice, senator administrator for the Academic Senate, who will be enjoying a stress-free, designated parking space this year as the winner of our end-of-campaign raffle.