- The Social Innovation Leadership Forum (SILF) hosted “Design Thinking for Social Innovation:
the case of Affordable Tuition” featuring Leslie Speer, Industrial Design Professor,
SJSU. The event was held at the SJSU Lucas Business Complex on February 17, 2017.
- In February, Dr. Osland and co-authors won the Best Paper Award at the Western Academy
of International Business Conference for “A Multi-country Study of Repatriate Characteristics
in the Repatriate Knowledge Transfer Process.”
- In May, Dr. Osland taught two workshops at the Qatar Intercultural Communication Institute
in Doha, entitled “Leading Across Cultures” and “Developing Intercultural Competence
in Oneself and Others.”
Advances in Global Leadership, vol. 10, co-edited by Joyce Osland, Mark Mendenhall & Ming Li (Emerald) was released in August 2017.
- Global Leadership: Research, Practices, and Development, 3rd Edition to be released in Summer 2017.
- Seven master’s students from Leuphana University in Germany joined twenty four SJSU MBA students for a four day GLLab in early-March 2017.