- The Social Innovation Leadership Forum (SILF) hosted “Design Thinking for Social Innovation:
the case of Affordable Tuition” featuring Leslie Speer, Industrial Design Professor,
SJSU. The event was held at the SJSU Lucas Business Complex on February 17, 2017.
- In February, Dr. Osland and co-authors won the Best Paper Award at the Western Academy
of International Business Conference for “A Multi-country Study of Repatriate Characteristics
in the Repatriate Knowledge Transfer Process.”
- In May, Dr. Osland taught two workshops at the Qatar Intercultural Communication Institute
in Doha, entitled “Leading Across Cultures” and “Developing Intercultural Competence
in Oneself and Others.”
- Advances in Global Leadership, vol. 10, co-edited by Joyce Osland, Ming Li & Mark Mendenhall (Emerald) won an award
for Scientific Rigor and Critical thinking. This volume will be released in August
- Global Leadership: Research, Practices, and Development, 3rd Edition to be released in Summer 2017.
- Seven master’s students from Leuphana University in Germany joined twenty four SJSU MBA students for a four day GLLab in early-March 2017.