- GLAC is a Partner in the 2013 Women Leaders Brainstorm Challenge working with the
Global Women’s Leadership Network and Innocentive to come up with ideas for the “Global
Women’s Leadership Challenge: 5 million Women Change Agents in 5 years.”
- Professor Charles Dranagh of Indiana University will join us as a GLAC Scholar-in-Residence
in Fall semester, 2013.
- Colette Menzel, Director of CorraTech’s Project Management Office in Los Angeles has joined GLAC
as a Global- Leader-In-Residence.
- GLAC Professors Lester, Osland, and Wells are accompanying a group of ten MBA students
and outstanding undergraduates to Leuphana University May 13-18 for a week-long course
in international human resources.
- GLAC staffed an exhibit table at the HR Symposium on May 2, 2013.
- Global Leaders-In-Residence Brad Maihack, Dave Wilde, and Colette Menzel critiqued
the social innovation projects of Dr. Lester’s undergraduate global leadership course
BUS165A on May 1, 2013.
- Bobbi Makani, Director of GLAC’s Social Innovation Initiative, recently partnered
with CTA and CISCO to have SJSU students work with CISCO engineers at a hackathon
on April 26, 2013.
- The Spring Gateway Global Leadership workshop was held April 20 and 27, 2012 for 15
new Passport students and Thompson Global Interns.
- The 2013 Social Innovation Leadership Forum on April 5, 2013 was attended by 250 innovators
and leaders and students from business, government, non-profits, and education.
The Forum was coordinated by Bobbi Makani, GLAC’s Social Innovation Director, and
partners from HP, Catholic Charities, Social Enterprise Alliance – Bay Area Chapter,
Global Green Village, San Jose State faculty, and hosted by Santa Clara County, thanks
to Dave Cortese.
- GLAC hosted an orientation and GLLab simulation experience for potential incoming
students and their parents attending SJSU’s Spring Open House on March 13,2013.
- An EMBA class from Athabasca University in Canada took part in a GLLab session entitled
“Cross-Cultural Experience and Creativity” on March 6, 2013.
- Japanese students from various universities who were part of a Saga delegation learned
about global leadership in a GLLab session on March 8th.
- Eleven masters students from Leuphana University in Germany joined the MBA-One students for a week-long GLLab the end of February 2013.