- Mr. Jerry Yang, former CEO of Yahoo!, will be answering questions in our Global Leadership Speaker Series on April 28, 2015. Please be sure to register here if you are interested.
- Twelve master students from Leuphana University joined twenty-four SJSU-MBA students for a week-long GLLab in mid-March 2015. The event was observed by three visiting international scholars.
- Dr. Juergen Deters, an expert on assessment centers, is a visiting Global Leadership Scholar-in-Residence in Fall semester 2014 from Leuphana University.
- Advances in Global Leadership, vol. 8, co-edited by Joyce Osland, Ming Li & Ying Wang (Emerald) is one of four finalists in the University of San Diego’s 2014 Outstanding Leadership Book award. Dr. Osland will attend the award ceremony at the October ILA conference.
- Over 250 SJSU students are enrolled in GLAC’s Global Leadership Passport Program. A Gateway Workshop for new enrollees was held September 19, 2014.
- Dr. Ameeta Motwani, visiting Fulbright scholar from the University of Delhi, gave a talk on “Doing Business in India” at a Welcome Back event for Passport students on September 26, 2014.
- GLAC’s Annual 2013 Best Global Leadership Research Award was bestowed on Dr. Minna Paunova for “Essays on Leadership Emergence in Multinational Teams” in June 2014.
- GLAC is a Partner in the 2013 Women Leaders Brainstorm Challenge working with the Global Women’s Leadership Network and Innocentive to come up with ideas for the “Global Women’s Leadership Challenge: 5 million Women Change Agents in 5 years.”
- The 2014 Social Innovation Leadership Forum was held at City Hall, San Jose on April 25, 2014.
- Ten masters students from Leuphana University in Germany joined sixteen SJSU MBA students for a week-long GLLab in mid-March 2014. The event was observed by three visiting international scholars.
- Charles Schwab, founder and Chairman of the Charles Schwab Corporation, answered questions, moderated by Dean David Steele, in our Global Leadership Speaker Series on March 5, 2014.
- Global Leadership: Research, Practices and Development co-authored by Joyce Osland won the University of San Diego’s 2013 Leadership Book Award for Scholarship.