- October 2014 Osland, J. Fifth Forum on Intercultural Learning and Exchange. AFS, Vienna, Austria.
- August 2014 Osland, J. “The Global Competency Inventory” and “ GCI Curricular Applications for Student Development.” School of Business, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC.
- August 2014 Vogelgesang, G. & Clapp Smith, R. “Congratulations, you got a revise and resubmit! Now what?” Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
- July 2014 Osland, J. “Intercultural Relations: Re-visioning an Interdisciplinary Field through the Global Lens of Women.” Summer Institute of Intercultural Communication, Portland, OR.
- July 2014 Osland, J. “Global Leadership Research.” Indiana Wesleyan University doctoral seminar, Marion, IN.
- June 2014 Zellmer-Bruhn, M., Maloney, M., Beechler, S., Fang, T., Fitzimmons, S., Liu, L., Osland, J., & Taylor, S. et. Al. “Cross-Cultural Competencies: Advances in Research and Practice.” Panel accepted at the Academy of International Business Conference, Vancouver, Canada.
- June 2014 Miska, C., Stahl, G., Miska, C., Bird, A., Brannen, M.Y., Early, P.C., Lane, H., & Osland, J. “From Friction to Synergy: A Look at the Bright Side of Culture in Cross-Cultural Management Education and Learning.” Panel accepted at the Academy of International Business Conference, Vancouver, Canada.
- June 2014 Reiche, S., Bird, A., Mendenhall, M., & Osland, J. “Towards a Taxonomy of the Global Leadership Construct.” Academy of International Management, Vancouver, Canada. Nominated for 2014 Temple/AIB award.
- May 2014 Osland, J. “Strategy and Being a Strategic Leader of an Intercultural Education Organization.” 2014 American Field Service Executive Development Seminar, Costa Rica.
- April 2014 Osland, J. “Keynote Address.” Northern California Symposium on Assessment of Core Competencies.
CSU-East Bay, Hayward, CA.
- March 2014 Osland, J. “Implementing Change & Leadership.” SWEEP, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA.
- March 2014 Mendenhall, M. (Organizer), Osland, J., Bird, A., & Oddou, G. “Actually Developing vs. “Just Talking About” Intercultural Competencies: Cutting Edge Pedagogies That Bridge the Knowing-Doing Gap.” Western Academy of Management, Napa, CA.
- February 2014 Osland, J. “Leadership in the Nuclear Energy Sector and Leadership 101.” King’s College Workshop, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA.
- February 2014 Osland, J. “Teaching the Intercultural Effectiveness Scale.” The Intercultural communication Institute, Portland, OR.
- February 2014 Osland, J. “The Global Competency Inventory Qualifying Seminar.” The Intercultural Communication Institute, Portland, OR.
- February 2014 Osland, J. “Assessing Student Learning Abroad, the IES and Kolb’s Learning Model.” WISE (Workshop on Intercultural Skills Enhancement) 2014, Wake University, North Carolina.
- January 2014 Osland, J. “Developing Global Leaders.” Foreign Service Institute, Washington, D.C.
- January 2014 Osland, J. “Developing Global Leaders: The GLLab Approach.” Peace Corps, Washington, D.C.