Activities & Organizations
Sports and Recreation
The Sport Club Fitness Center at San Jose State University has a Fitness Room (which is equipped with treadmills, stair masters, elliptical, and weights), Mini Gym, Dance/Fitness Studios, Racquetball Courts and Locker Rooms. You can meet with a Personal Fitness Trainer or a Nutrition Consultant who can help you meet your individual fitness goals. If you love water sports, our Aquatic Center is one of the largest outdoor pools in California. It features daily lap swimming, recreational swimming, diving boards and swim lessons. If you prefer dry land, the Bowling Center offers open play bowling, league bowling, and has an activity center for your enjoyment. In addition, our Open Recreation program provides SJSU students and their guests the opportunity to participate in non-structured, evening sports activities on a drop-in basis at the Spartan Complex.
SJSU Student Clubs
There are 382 active student organizations on the SJSU campus. Some are academic clubs whose members share the same major. Others are focused on sports, culture, religion or special interests. Review the Student Organization Directory and choose a club that interests you. Click on the organization name for a quick description of its purpose, goals, and contact information.
Fun Things to Do Near SJSU
- Go to a San Jose Sharks ice hockey game.
- See a play at the San José Repertory Theater.
- Watch a San Jose State University Spartans Football game.
- Explore the San Jose's Tech Museum and watch an Imax movie.
- Have fun at Paramount's Great America amusement park.
- Shop at the Bay Area Great Mall , Valley Fair Mall and Santana Row.
- Learn about the ancient past at the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum.
- Visit the San Jose Museum of Art and see creative works of art.
- Discover California history at the Winchester Mystery House.
- Enjoy the latest movie at the Camera 12 Cinema.
Find out about these and many, many more fun things to do in Silicon Valley (pdf).