CSU Mentor Application Steps for Graduates
All students must apply to SJSU online through "CSU Mentor". This step must be completed regardless of any other requirements for your major.
Before you can begin your application you must first create an account.
- Click on "Create an Account" at the top of the page.
- Enter a "user name" and "password".
Click on "International Online Application".
Click on the box that contains "Fall 2013".
- Choose "San Jose State University International" from the list.
- Click on "start new application".
- Go to the bottom of the page
- Click on "Begin Application for San Jose State University International."
- Choose "Fall 2013" as the "Term" you are applying for.
- Choose your "Entrance Status" as: "Seeking master's degree or higher".
- Continue to enter all of the required personal information.
- Click on "next" at the bottom of the screen.
- Continue to fill out the required information on screen #2, 3, 4, 5.
- Complete each screen click on "next" and continue to fill out the required information until your application has been completed.
Do NOT complete screen #6 unless you are currently enrolled in classes at a college or university.
On screen #7, indicate the tests you have taken, and the scores you have received. Be sure to request the testing company to send your score directly to the SJSU International Admissions Office.
On screen #8, list any work experience that may be relevant to your major and list 3 professors who can give you a "Letter of Recommendation."
On screen #9, write a brief "Statement of Purpose" explaining why you wish to study your major at SJSU.
On screen #11 you will find a list of all of the application screens that are still incomplete. Go back and finish them as soon as you can.
If you do not have all of the required information ready for a screen, you can always return to complete the screen at another time.
Use the "Skip & Jump" menu on the left side of the application screen to select the screen you wish to work on .
As you complete each screen a "check mark" will appear next to the screen number on the menu bar. This means that the screen is complete.
After completing your application, you must pay the pay the SJSU $55 application fee by credit card. The fee is not refundable.
If you do not have a credit card, you may send a cashier's check or money order by post for $55 US with "payable to SJSU" written on it.
After you submit your completed online application, you will be sent a confirmation page.
You must print a copy of your confirmation page for your records because it contains your official "Application Confirmation Number."