CSU Mentor Application Steps for Undergraduates
All students must apply to SJSU online through "CSUMentor"
Before you can begin your application you must first create an account.
- Click on "Create an Account" at the top of the page.
- Enter a "user name" and "password."
Click on "International Online Application."
Click on the box that contains "Fall 2016"
- Choose "San Jose State University International" from the list
- Click on "start new application"
- Go to the bottom of the page
- Click on "Begin Application for San Jose State University International."
- Choose "Fall 2016" as the "Term" you are applying for.
- Choose your "Entrance Status" as: "First-time Freshman
- Continue to enter all of the required personal information
- Click on "next at the bottom of the screen
- Click on "next" and continue to fill out the required information until your application has been completed.
- You must enter all of the required information on screen #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, and 11
Do not worry if you do not have all of the required information for a screen. You can always return to any screen by using the menu on the left side of the screen.
After you complete each screen a "check mark" will appear next to the screen number on the menu. This means that the screen is complete.
After completing your application, you must pay the pay the SJSU $55 application fee by credit card. The fee is not refundable.
If you do not have a credit card, you may send a cashier's check or money order by post for $55 US with "payable to SJSU" written on it.
After you submit your completed online application, you will be sent a confirmation page.
You must print a copy of your confirmation page for your records because it contains
your official "Application Confirmation Number."