Minor Changes to Existing Courses

Unless a change in course description is so radical as to constitute a new course, any one or a combination of any or all of the following are considered minor course changes and should be submitted on the Minor Course Change Form found on the Forms webpage of the Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Programs. Please note that all Minor Curriculum Course Changes must be signed off by the Dean's Office and accompanied by an accessible greensheet.

  • Title and/or abbreviated title
  • Description change, prerequisite, or restriction
  • Number and /or alpha prefix or suffix
  • Grading method
  • Repeatable or not repeatable for credit
  • Addition of Subtitle (usually for special topics courses)
  • Teaching mode (lecture, lab, staffing formula, C/S factors, etc.)
  • Laboratory, activity, and/or lecture hours
  • Discontinuation (all courses should be offered at least once every two years)
  • Major Restrictions
  • Permission is required (Course requires consent for student to enroll)