Transferring an I-20

If you are admitted, you will receive an admission notice on your MySJSU account.  An admission letter and the Transfer In (I-20 Transfer Request) form will be mailed to you.

If you are transferring from another US institution, you must:

  1. Complete the top portion of the Transfer IN (I-20 Transfer Request) form.
  2. Take your completed form and SJSU admit letter to your current school and ask them to complete the remainder of the form and send to our office via the instructions provided on the form.
  3. Ensure you make this request at least three business days before the first day of classes at SJSU.  

Our office will process your Transfer In I-20 within 3-4 days once we receive the form and your current university releases your I-20.

Once your I-20 is ready, you will receive an email with delivery options.