The Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Programs oversees modifications to programs and courses in graduate and undergraduate curriculum. A number of resources are available to support programs, faculty, and administrators.
This is an informal summary of procedures required to accomplish the most frequently requested curricular changes at SJSU. Always call or consult first, as it will save time in the end. For information on topics not covered, call the Office of Graduate & Undergraduate Programs, 408-924-2447 or Curriculum Analyst Nicole Mendoza, 408-924-3484.
Lead times for new courses and degree changes to appear in the Schedule of Classes or be reflected in the University Online Catalog are MUCH longer than many faculty anticipate. The annual Deadlines are around First week of November (usually around the 1st) for Fall and May 20th for Spring Curriculum Request (View Curriculum Flowchart). GUP can assist you with planning to help you meet the various committee meeting deadlines.
No curricular change, and new degree or concentration, may be publicized before final approval. There are legal implications.
All curriculum and program requests must be submitted via SJSU Curriculog
Degrees, Concentrations and Minors
- CSU Academic Program Approval Requirements
- Academic Master Planning and New Degrees
- New Concentrations and Minors
- Changing Degree Designation, or Elevating a Degree
- Program/Degree Termination/Discontinuation
- Minor Changes to Existing Degree Majors, Concentrations, or Minors
- Department or School Name Change
- Splitting or Merging a Department