The Office of Undergraduate Education and the College of Graduate Studies oversees modifications to programs and courses in undergraduate and graduate curriculum, respectively. A number of resources are available to support programs, faculty, and administrators.
There are lead times for new courses and degree changes to appear in the Schedule of Classes or be reflected in the University Online Catalog.
Deadlines & Proposal Routing
For information about curriculum deadlines and proposal routing, view the Curriculum Flowchart.
No curricular change, and new degree or concentration may be publicized before final approval. There are legal implications.
All curriculum and program requests must be submitted via SJSU Curriculog.
- Programs Revisions (including degree majors, minors, concentrations, elevations)
- New Degree Programs
- New Concentrations and Minors
- New/Revised Certificate/Credentials/Subject Matter Prep Programs
- New/Revised Departmental Honors Program
- Degree/Concentration/Minor Discontinuation
- WASC Substantive Change information
- CSU Policy Library (NEW)
- CSU Course Classification (Staffing Formula)
- Curriculum Policies @ SJSU
- Curriculum Planning Forms (all Curriculum proposals are submitted in Curriculog)
- Syllabi - Academic Senate Policy S16-9
- Syllabi - Accessible Templates
- Syllabi - Information (linked on all syllabi)
- Incorporating Accessibility into the Curriculum Process- Academic Senate policy S08-3