SJS4- How to Propose a New Learning Site
Starting October 1st all partner proposals begin by initiating a New Partner Proposal at sjs4.sjsu.edu. Once that has been done the new online University Organization Agreement will be initiated with the site by the SJS4 team. To start a relationship, please follow the steps below (also see Partner Proposal and UOA workflow, New Partner Proposal Guide).
- Did you check the sjs4.sjsu.edu website to see if the site you want to propose already exists in the database? Please check by site name and address before initiating a New Partner Proposal.
- IF Site isn’t listed. You (as department) or Learning Site can initiate a New Partner Proposal.
- Once SJS4 team receives Partner Proposal, an account will be created for the site to sign off on the UOA as well as allow them to manage their site information.
- SJS4 notifies site of SJS4 log in information and ask them to complete the University
Organization Agreement (now a fully online contract).
- If the Agency has or requires modifications to the UOA, the SJS4 staff will be notified the UOA was not signed and they will notify the department to follow the non-modified UOA process (outlined below and on flowchart).
- Once the UOA has been signed online, the SJS4 staff will have the appropriate GUP designee sign off on the UOA for San Jose State (GUP has been designated to sign off on non-modified UOAs).
- Once signed off, the SJS4 team will make the site ACTIVE, archive the UOA in SJS4, and send a copy to the department for their records. The site should have access to a copy via their site record in SJS4.
Agency requires modifications to UOA
- Site reviews electronic UOA and notes that they require modifications to UOA.
- SJS4 team receives notification that UOA is not signed due to requiring additional modifications.
- SJS4 team messages department to inform them that the Site requires modifications
and to begin modified UOA process as follows:
- Department works with agency to identify modifications required
- Department creates $1 Purchase Requisition
- Department emails contract office (Karen McCall) with Purchase Requisite number, and modifications required.
- Department works with contracts to complete UOA modifications.
- Contracts sends Approved UOA to SJS4 team once signed and approved by both parties.
- SJS4 activates agency on SJS4 and archives the UOA in SJS4.
- Site and Department should have received copy of UOA upon contracts sign off. However, site should be able to access a copy via their SJS4 site record.
Hard Copy UOA’s- NO Longer Accepted
Hard Copy University Organization Agreements are no longer accepted, except for the School of Information (aka iSchool). Hard copies are only to be used when negotiating a modification to the UOA. Please contact Karen McCall if you need additional assistance with UOA modifications.