Board of General Studies
The Board of General Studies (BOGS) is a committee that reports to Curriculum & Research Committee and to the Provost.
- solicits courses and curricular proposals designed to satisfy General Education requirements from all colleges and departments of the University;
- reviews, approves, and authorizes courses and curricular proposals for purposes of General Education; and
- evaluates the courses and curricula it has approved.
- in consultation with deans and chairs, provides for and approves "challenge" mechanisms for Basic Skills requirements.
- the Board considers petitions from programs for relief from the fifty-one semester hour General Education requirement.
- current and archive Meeting Minutes for BOGS (click link)
The Board of General Studies consist of eleven members:
- seven teaching faculty (representing seven colleges),
- two students,
- the Director of Assessment,
the Associate Vice President for Graduate and Undergraduate Programs,
and the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies (Curriculum).
- Board of General Studies Membership (University Policy F15-13 [pdf])
- List of current BOGS Members (click link)
Committee Meeting Dates:
Meeting Dates for Academic Year 2019-2020
Simon Rodan, Chair
- Fall 2019 - Location: ADM TBA; Time: TBA
- Spring 2020 - Location: ADM TBA; Time: TBA
Location and times are subject to change, please contact the Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Programs at 408-924-2447 for current location and times.