Advisors in the H&A SSC provide advising and consultation on the following topics:
- General Education
- Academic Planning
- Interpretation of SJSU Policies and Procedures (i.e. Late drop/add, Semester Withdrawal, Leave of Absence, Grade Forgiveness...etc)
- Graduation process/worksheet/hold letter reviews
- Change of Major/Minor
- California Promise
- Former Student Returning (FSR)
To schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor, stop by the H&A Student Success Center is located in Clark Hall 244, or call us at (408) 924-5095.
When scheduling your appointment, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Student ID
- Contact information
- Class level (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduating Senior)
- Reason for visit (i.e. GE Advising, Probation, SJSU Policy/Procedure, California Promise..etc)
The H&A Student Success Center offers drop-in periods Monday through Thursday, from 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM, and 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM.
Drop-ins are first-come-first-served, and may be closed without prior notice if the waitlist of individuals waiting is full.
Special Extended Hours (during special periods):
Monday through Thursday: 9:00 - 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM