Graduation Application Process

  1. Fill out the SJSU Graduation Application online. Print out and sign your completed graduation application, and have it with you when you meet with your major advisor.
  2. Meet with your major advisor to obtain an updated major form and to get your graduation application signed. The original major form should be signed and sealed in a departmental envelope provided by your major advisor or department.
  3. To check all other graduation requirements (i.e. GE, units, university requirements...etc), bring a copy of your  major form to the H&A Student Success Center, located in Clark Hall 244, and meet with an academic advisor.
  4. Submit your graduation application along with your signed and sealed major form to the Registrar's window in the Student Services Center. Be sure to keep a copy for your records.
  5. Within a few months, you will receive an email (sent to the "preferred" email address listed on MySJSU) with your Graduation Worksheet attached. If you have any questions regarding your Graduation Worksheet, meet with an Academic Advisor in the H&A Student Success Center.
  6. If you enroll any courses that were not originally listed on your major/minor form when you applied for graduation, you will need to work with your major advisor to complete a Substitution Form. Submit your substitution form to the Registrar's window in the Student Service Center.
  7. If you will not be able to complete all of your degree requirements by term that you originally applied for, you must file a Graduation Date Change form with the Registrar's Office.  This process includes a $10 fee (to be paid to the Bursar's before submitting the form to the Registrar's) and requires your major advisor's signature. *Failure to submit this form will result in not receiving an enrollment appointment for any future terms after the term you originally applied for.