Faculty & Staff
- 1 in 4 college students in CA is uninsured
- Many CSU students will qualify for financial assistance to help pay for health insurance through Covered CA, the state's health insurance marketplace
- Many CSU students will newly qualify for Medi-Cal, a free program for most who qualify
- The Student Health Center, while valuable, is NOT health insurance.
Provide Students with Learning Opportunities about the ACA & Covered CA
As a campus-wide initiative, your support is needed to educate our SJSU community, especially students, about the ACA. Faculty and staff can help provide SJSU students opportunities to learn about the ACA & Covered CA by:
- Requesting Certified Covered CA Educators provide a 5, 10, or 15 minute educational presentation for your class, at your staff meetings, and your campus events.
- Partnering with us to create events tailored for your students.
- Distributing our student flyer in class and in your offices
- Adding our LCD slide to your LCD screen display
- Adding a link entitled "Learn How the Affordable Care Act Affects Students" (link to: www.sjsu.edu/hiep) to your department homepage
Have any other creative ideas/collaborations? Or want us to work with you on how to incorporate outreach into your existing departmental services? Contact us: email@example.com.
Want to learn more?
Check out our presentation: "The ACA & Covered CA: What Students Need to Know".