Bargaining Unit 4
The University-wide annual review program applies to staff employees in all bargaining units, with the exception of Unit 3-Faculty.
Full-time permanent and part-time permanent State employees are reviewed annually using the annual forms.
Probationary-status university employees are reviewed using the annual forms, but remain on their contract-mandated probationary performance review schedule until such time when they reach permanent status, and then enter into the campus annual review cycle.
The annual review cycle covers the performance review period of April 1 to March 31 of each year for bargaining unit 4.
The following documents are used to complete the performance review process for Unit 4 staff:
- Contact your Equal Opportunity and Workforce Planning team to request an MPP or Staff Position Description Template
- Staff Pre-Performance Review Worksheet (PDF)
- Unit 4 Academic Professionals of California Performance Criteria (PDF)
- Staff Performance Evaluation Rating Scale with Explanation for Unit 4 (PDF)
- Instructions for the Unit 4 Staff Performance Evaluation (PDF)
- Report of Employee Performance Unit 4 Academic Support (.doc)
Temporary employees with appointments of 1 year or longer are reviewed during the annual cycle on the annual forms.
For more information, contact Organizational Development & Training.