Our goal is to provide the support you need to make a smooth transition into our program, discover your untapped talent, and graduate with the skills and knowledge you will need to pursue your dreams.
Current Undergraduate & Graduate Students:
When you have a question, check in with our HRTM staff for direction on who to contact to set up an appointment.
New Undergraduate Students:
To get started, check in with our HRTM staff for direction on who to contact to set up an appointment. At that meeting you'll get details about the program along with information to facilitate progress to graduation. You will also be given contact information for the faculty member who will serve as your academic advisor throughout your studies. Whether you are transferring from another SJSU program, another College, or you're just beginning your studies here at SJSU we will guide and assist you in achieving your goals.
Recreation Degree Road Maps
Hospitality Degree Road Map
Click on the following link for access to the degree road maps for Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management.
Student Preparation for Advising Meetings:
(Appointment will be re-scheduled if materials are not present)
- PRINTED copy of course history page or unofficial transcript from your MySJSU page. Note: Bring copies of all course work completed outside of SJSU that you want considered for use in HRTM or declared minor.
- Advising document for your declared major filled in with the HRTM courses with the semester and grade noted on the form. Using the academic calendar at the end of the document to project your future courses. Note: it is your responsibility, not your advisors to keep track of your progress toward your degree.
Advisors will verify your path to degree competition once you provide the materials above.
HRTM Advisors are available to meet with students during the Fall and Spring semesters prior to final exam week.
Students who fail to schedule an appointment during the academic year will need to re-schedule an appointment for the next regular term.
All tracking of general education units - freshman/sophomore and SJSU Studies Ð R, S, & V are the responsibility of the student.
It is the students' responsibility to make advising appointments with the staff of the Academic Advising & Retention Services forGE Advising. They are located in the Student Services Center on 9 th and San Fernando. Note: HRTM dept advisors are not responsible for GE advising or approving of GE coursework completion.
The advising hub is another useful link and is “the place” for useful information as you navigate your academic journey during your time at SJSU.
- August and December Graduations: Applications due March 1st of the current calendar year. We encourage you to apply one year in advance of the graduation date, if you have completed 90 semester units.
- May Graduation: Applications due July 1st of the preceding year, if you have completed 90 semester units.
Download the SJSU Graduation Application [pdf]
Check the boards outside of the faculty offices on the first floor of Spartan Complex or download the Advising List in PDF format. The lists have been updated. You may have a new advisor!
|Dr. Ranjan Bandyopadhyay||MH email@example.com||924-3002|
|Ms. B.J. Grosvenor||MH 521||BillieJo.Grosvenor@sjsu.edu||924-3003|
|Dr. Suzy Ross||MH 515||Susan.Ross@sjsu.edu||924-3007|
|Ms. Alice Southwell||SPX firstname.lastname@example.org||924-3291|
|Dr. Kate Sullivan||SPX email@example.com||924-3201|
|Dr. Randy Virden||MH 438Bfirstname.lastname@example.org||924-3199|
|Dr. Tsu-Hong Yen||SPX email@example.com||924-3292|
- HRTM Undergraduate Student Handbook [doc]
- HRTM Graduate Student Handbook [doc]
- HRTM Advising/Major Forms
- Courses offered to HRTM Majors on a rotational basis
- SJSU Graduate Studies Website
- SJSU Undergraduate Studies Website
- SJSU Resources
- University Petitions and Forms(Including Application for Graduation)
- SJSU Advising Hub Link