SJSU/Pebble Beach Special Event Management Team
For The 2016 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
San José State University's Department of Hospitality Management is excited to celebrate our 11th year of partnership with Pebble Beach Resorts to assist with the 2016 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. All San José State students are invited to apply for positions on this year’s Special Event Management Team.
This experience will provide students a fantastic opportunity to showcase their skills while managing a team in one of the following areas:
- Skybox and Chalets Hospitalities
- On-Course F&B Operations
Hospitalities Managers’ Responsibilities
- Responsible for management and oversight of multiple corporate clients.
- Hosting VIP Guests in Corporate Hospitality luxury suites called Skyboxes or Chalets.
- Responsible for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks, and bar/beverage service coordination.
- Interact with clients, servers, bartenders, and culinary individuals to ensure a flawless guest experience.
- Manage a staff of 10 or more of Pebble Beach staff and temporary employees.
On-Course F&B Operations Managers’ Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing Food & Beverage to the daily spectators.
- Managing a staff (up to 40 staff per tent) of workers (cashiers, servers, runners, prep and cooks).
- Set-up and detailed organization of on-course food facility.
- Responsible for Inventory management and re-ordering.
- Providing efficient and friendly guest service to ensure a flawless guest experience.
Students will work directly with Pebble Beach representatives to manage, plan, coordinate, and oversee these hospitality areas at one of the PGA’s most celebrated golf tournaments.
Students in the 2016 team are required to be available for the following mandatory training dates:
|Saturday||December 5, 2015||8:30 AM – 1:00 PM|
|Monday||January 4, 2016||1:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||January 5, 2016||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||January 6, 2016||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||January 7, 2016||8:00 AM – 5:30 PM|
|Friday||January 8, 2016||8:00 AM – 5:30 PM|
|Friday||January 15, 2016||8:30 AM – 2:30 PM|
|Saturday||January 23, 2016||8:30 AM – 2:00 PM|
|Saturday||January 30, 2016||8:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Saturday||March 5, 2016||8:30 AM – 11:00 AM|
Additionally, during the week of the event: February 8th – 14th 2016, students are also required to stay in the Pebble Beach area (room and board provided), returning the afternoon of Monday, February 15, 2016.
The AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am is one of golf's most celebrated and beloved events. Spanning three beautiful courses on the Monterey Peninsula (Spyglass Hill Golf Course, Monterey Peninsula Country Club Shore Course, and Pebble Beach Golf Links), it attracts the PGA's top professionals and some of the best known celebrities. The goal of the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am is not only to provide a highly competitive and entertaining PGA event, but also raise money for philanthropic causes.
It is truly exciting that San José State University has the opportunity to participate in this incredible event. We are looking for some of San José State's most responsible, enthusiastic, and professional students to join the Special Event Management Team.
This opportunity is part of the Special Events class and if selected, students will need to enroll in HSPM 97B for the spring 2016 semester.
Prerequisite: Selection for the Special Event Management Team 2016.