To celebrate our students' success in the completion of their studies, the Humanities Department holds a Convocation Ceremony at the end of each academic year. Students who graduated in fall and spring of the curent academic year and summer and fall of the following academic year are invited to participate in the event. This is held in May.
Humanities Department Spring 2017 Convocation Ceremony
- HOST:Humanities Department
- WHEN:May 25, 2017, Thursday
5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- WHERE: Morris Dailey Auditorium
UPDATE: May 4, 2017
Only a limited number of tickets are left. As such, anyone who have already bought their allotted 10 tickets and would like more will be limited to ONLY 5 additional tickets. Starting May 22 (Monday), the Event Center Box office will sell all remaining tickets on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Tickets will be sold at the Event Center Box Office starting on April 17, 2017. Each graduate may purchase ONLY 10 tickets from this
time until May 7. Ticket prices are: ADULTS - $8
CHILDREN - AGES 3-12 YEARS OLD - $1
- UNDER 2 YEARS OLD - FREE
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Telephone Number: 408-924-6333
Fax Ticket Order Form (pdf)
- Additional tickets may be purchased after May 22 as AVAILABLE on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis.
- Ticket sale ends on May 24.
- A graduation REHEARSAL will be held on convocation day starting at 3 p.m. Plan to be there. Be prepared to give a short 20-second THANK YOU in front of the audience.
- Refreshments will be available before and and after the convocation at the Bell Rose Garden next to Morris Dailey Auditorium.
- The auditorium will open to family and guests at 4:30 p.m.
Please check your emails or this website for any updates. Or call the Humanities Department Coordinator, Eliza Rentschler at 408-924-4463, or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT RESOURCES REGARDING GRADUATION:
SPARTAN BOOKSTORE for Graduation Attire at the Student Union.
Registrar Office for Diploma and other relevant information.
Commencement Guide for University-wide commencement event.